Founded in 1876, Ashburn Presbyerian Church was originally called the Farmwell Presbyterian Church after the former name of the Village of Ashburn. A sanctuary was erected that year on 10.3 acres of land just south of the community.
Throughout most of our history, we were a small rural church that struggled to support a full-time pastor and whose membership did not reach 100 until 1989. Since then, our congregation has experienced dramatic growth and our facilities have expanded through multiple building projects. In 1967 an education wing was added to the sanctuary which was later used as staff offices. By the early 90's it became apparent that the small sanctuary could no longer hold the growing membership, and in 1992 Pickell Hall was constructed. It served the dual purpose of worship center and fellowship hall until the new sanctuary was constructed in 2002. The most recent building project to expand Pickell Hall was completed in 2007.